Saturday, April 10, 2010

Manhattan College STATS

Stats--meaning statistics.

All these can be found on collegeboard.com, which I used to look up Manhattan College when I was still in the touring and applying process. But now that I go here...


1. 67% of students are in-state--in other words, 67% of students are from New York. I wonder what percentage are from Long Island?

2. 52% men--Manhattan College is one of the few colleges I know of with a male [albeit slim] majority. Probably because of the engineering program...

3. 72% white--it's not exactly glaring, because I often do see people of other ethnicities/backgrounds in my classes. But that is a very big majority of white people, yo. And it seems like some students tend to stick with people of their own race, often times. We should be more diverse.

4. 3, 049 undergrads. 'Nuff said. Although, we're quite small compared to a college like...Duke.

5. We have a Division I golf team???? Who knew...

6. No associate's degrees offered here.

7. 3% of men join fraternities, 3% of women join sororities. Maybe that's a good thing?

8. We do have a radio station, and I knew about this. But where can i listen to it? How? And why has this station been under the radar?

9. Apparently there are international students here. Somewhere.

10. 65% of applicants are admitted. We're less competitive than Fordham, where 50% of applicants are admitted.

So yeah.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could 'like' this. But I like it, so it's all good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My roommate when I dormed was an international student from Kwajalein. Farthest distance ever from MC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jenae thanx!

    @Rich: Wow. i don't even know where that is...

    ReplyDelete